Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Jesus and the kids


Day 4 in Nicaragua! I'm completely floored at how God is working in this community, and it's such a privilege to be invited to be a part of it!! My favorite part of these trips is the time spent with the kids, I love seeing the smiles on their little faces. And knowing that for a moment I've helped put a smile on a face, or bring out a giggle, then I know I've done what God has called me to do here.  So in a life of poverty and sadness I've added a moment of joy and hope. Today we went to the feeding center run by Verbo Ministries, where up to 400 kids come daily for a meal. For most of them it's their only meal. Until the food was ready to be served we kept the kids busy by playing and coloring and taking pictures. They are a blast to play with, so much energy and they soak up every amount of attention you can give out. All you have to do is smile and before you know it there 3 kids with their arms wrapped around you, one on your hip and another climbing up your back! I can imagine that's what the kids were doing to Jesus when he walked the earth. It's a great feeling!

~Rachele Whitlow

No comments:

Post a Comment